Thursday, January 10, 2013

Drops of Awesome


I read the talk, "You Matter to Him" by Elder Uchtdorf the other day.  In it, I read something that made me think of the many wonderful people I know.

"Another way Satan deceives is through discouragement.  He attempts to focus our sight on our own insignificance until we begin to doubt that we have much worth.  He tells us that we are too small for anyone to take notice, that we are forgotten - especially by God."

How many of us (myself included) struggle with the feeling of discouragement?  But, then I read this:

"God knows some of the greatest souls who have ever lived are those who will never appear in the chronicles of history.  They are the blessed, humble souls who emulate the Savior's example and spend the days of their lives doing good."

And this was it!  This is the thing that zinged my heart and made me happy.  Because it's true.  How many of us work with a soul and feel like we make such an insignificant difference?  That we try our very hardest, but we aren't sure we are doing anything of good?  YOU are the greatest souls who have ever lived.  YOU emulate the Savior's example.  And YOU are doing good.  So much more good than you recognize.

I had a friend send this to me and I absolutely loved the thought.  So I wanted to share it with all the wonderful people who work with those with special needs - those of you who may not realize the billions of things you do everyday that impact children and families.  I am hoping that we all see a few more "drops of awesome" in our own lives and that we help others around us see the "drops of awesome" they may struggle to recognize themselves.  Just thought it might make us all smile:

http://www.daringyoungmom.com/2012/12/19/drops-of-awesome/

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful post, Stephanie! I am going to read it to Lexie, along with the blog post and then tell her of all her "drops of awesome!" because there is not a day that goes by that she doesn't bring joy to my heart. I know she needs to hear it more often. Thank you again!

    ReplyDelete